Ten Fundamental Brigade Combat Team Skills Required to Win the First Fight
This newsletter consists of ten chapters focusing on ten fundamental skills designed to communicate doctrinal solutions to the persistent observations from the National Training Center. The goal is to better prepare brigade combat teams to decisively win the first fight of the next war. These fundamental skills will enable leaders at echelon to quickly understand issues and change their training strategies, as required.
1. Commander-driven operations process
2. Combined arms breaching
3. Decisive action in an urban environment
4. Operations in a cyber electromagnetic activities (CEMA)-denied environment
5. Reconnaissance and security
6. Digital fires capability (sensor to shooter)
8. Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) in decisive action
9. Joint force integration and interoperability
10. Sustainment in decisive action These ten fundamental skills were derived from senior leader input, persistent observations, and trends. They will be re-evaluated and updated regularly to ensure the National Training Center operations group provides the best feedback to the force that will enable brigade combat teams’ success.