If you visited our office, how was our service? Let us know!
You are eligible for Legal Assistance if you are:
- active duty and/or spouse of active duty
- retirees receiving retired pay and/or spouse of a retiree
- and personal representative of deceased active duty
Appointments to see a Legal Assistance Attorney may be made by calling 913-684-4944.
Location: 615 McClellan Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Notary Service is available on a walk-in basis, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 0900-1600 and Wednesday 1300-1600. We are closed on all training and federal holidays.
A Reserve Attorney is present 1 Saturday each month. Please call to schedule a weekend appointment. We do not give legal advice over the phone.
Please be sure you bring all pertinent documents with you when you arrive to see an attorney.
Each individual will draft client must complete a will worksheet. Print and fill out this will worksheet WORD DOCUMENT to assist the Legal Assistance Office in preparation of your Last Will and Testament.
Two appointments are required for a will draft. The entire process takes approximately 2 weeks. Do not wait until the last minute to get your wills drafted and executed. Start planning to get your wills drafted and executed at least 2 months before you depart from Fort Leavenworth to ensure that we can accomodate you.
- Outline of Executor's Duties
- Personal Property Memorandum
- Peace of Mind Plan
- Why should I have a Will?
- Will preparation information
Powers of Attorney can be obtained on a walk-in basis during regular operating hours. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 0900-1600 and Wednesday 1300-1600.
The following documents pertain to Preventive Law:
- The Joint Tenancy: A Useful Estate Planning Tool
- Military Spouses Residency Relief Act
- State of Legal Residence
- The Lautenberg Amendment
- "To Be or Not To Be ": The Advance Medical Directive
- Understanding Your Lease/Housing Office Info Paper
- Legal Assistance Hot Topics
- Bankruptcy or Debt Relief
Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Forms
The motor vehicle exemption forms are no longer obtained at the Legal Assistance Office. These forms are now obtained at the Leavenworth County Treasurer's Office. Please call them at 684-0430 for further info.
Advice and services can be provided in the areas of estate planning, wills, trusts, divorce, child support, custody, income tax, consumer transactions, bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, and real property law.