AFELM Spouse Employment & Vehicle Registration

Incoming Student Information - Spouse Employment & Vehicle Registration

Spouse Employment

The Army Community Service, Resiliency Center, [equivalent to AF Family Support] can assist spouses with employment transition assistance. Please contact 684-2800.

Vehicle Registration

If you are registering a vehicle in Kansas or Missouri you need the following information:

  • For non-Kansas State residents, there is a military affidavit for active duty members to avoid personal property tax on vehicles. Kansas Law: K.S.A. 79-5107(e) Inquire at the county treasurer's office,
  • For Military Personnel living in Missouri, you need a copy of your latest LES prior to going to the License office to register vehicles. Depending on the year of your vehicle you may need have it inspected also. You can find more information about registering your vehicles at the Department of Revenue site.

POV and Motorcycle Policy

All students must ensure privately owned vehicles have proof of insurance and registration. Motorcycle riders must have a motorcycle safety card, proof of insurance and registration in their possession and present these documents, upon request. Parking availability is limited on the CGSC campus. For this reason, students are encouraged to either walk, bike, or carpool to and from class. You are NOT required to register your POVs on Fort Leavenworth.

Weapons Registration

If you will reside on-post and will store weapons at your residence, you must register your weapons on-post. . Please open the below document for application and processing information.

Weapons Registration Application

AFELM Contact Information:
Phone: Commercial: 913-684-3424, DSN: 552-3424
E-mail: The Air Force Element