Full-time Staffing During Tax Season (Late January – April). Call 913-684-4986. May through December limited tax assistance is available. Call Legal Assistance at 913-684-4944.
FREE ** E-1 - E-5 ** DROP-OFF/WALK-INS ** E-1 - E-5** DROP-OFF/WALK-INS ** FREE(Filing S/MFJ/HoH, MFS, with W-2s, education, and states; no schedules or child custody issues.)
Call the Tax Center at 913-684-4986 or stop by 615 McClellan Ave (corner of Custer Ave.) during the tax season for appointments and information about our free tax assistance service.
Complete before coming to your appointment
*** ATTENTION: You must bring a government ID to show eligibility, driver’s licenses for taxpayer and spouse AND *** social security cards for everyone on the return. ***
- Tax Season Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 0900-1600 and Wednesdays 1300-1600Closed on Training and Federal holidays, 16 and 19 February.Also open selected Saturdays 0900-1400 (proposed dates 10 and 24 Feb and 10 and 24 March). Eligibility: Active Component (AC), activated Reserve Component (RC), AC and RC members receiving military retirement pay, and family members of each category. Consult AR 27-3 for additional eligibility criteria.
- Scope of Service:DOWNLOAD THE SCOPE OF SERVICE LIMITATIONSNOTE NEW: Bring DL for TP and spouse; NO rentals for retirees, max $500 in non-cash contributions.
- What to Bring? DOWNLOAD LIST OF SUGGESTED DOCUMENTS TO BRINGCompleting the questionnaire (link above) will also prompt you with required documents.
- How can I speed up my tax return preparation? Confirm that you are eligible for service and that your return is in Scope. Complete the Questionnaire in advance. Bring all required identification, tax documents, and supporting documentation with you. (We cannot print documents from your phone or the computer while you are here.) Bring your last year's tax return with supporting documents, even if taxes were done here last year. Bring an extra copy of all your documents so we do not have to copy them when you get here. (The extra copy of documents is NOT required, but it would speed up your return preparation.)
- LINK TO INTERACTIVE CUSTOMER EVALUATION (ICE) COMMENT