MCTSD supports the prioritization and development of Army integrated capabilities to train Soldiers, Leaders and Units to achieve individual and collective readiness. It is the lead agent for Department of the Army G3's Mission Command Training Support Program.
MCTSD supports the Integrated Training Environment (ITE) in Army resourcing documents and Training Support System forums. It champions the capabilities for the ITE's Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming enablers and supports their integration within the Army's training community.
MCTSD works to achieve and sustain relevant training capabilities at the Mission Training Complexes – the nexus for the ITE. It focuses on resourcing Installation, Unit, Leader and Soldier training requirements.
How MCTSD Helps the Army
- Provides program objective memorandum (POM) recommendations to the Department of the Army to support funding for Mission Command training.
Acts as the Lead Agent in the Training Support System (TSS) cycle to provide:
- Modernization Reviews.
- Program Management Reviews.
- Training Support Working Groups.
- Councils of Colonels presentations.
- Training General Officer Steering Committee presentations.
- Theater TSS in Progress Reviews.
- TSS Reviews (TSS-R) with Proponent Schools.
- MCTSP Mission Essential Requirements management.
- Establishes requirements and sets priorities for equipment going to Mission Training Complexes (MTC) and provides a link between customers and materiel developers. It oversees the Battle Command Training Capability Extant Support Program and Common Battle Command Simulation Equipment.
- Supports a standard design for new MTC construction to establish common capabilities and network accreditation throughout the Army. It provides Mission Command training capability support, construction design assistance and network security accreditation.
- Provide budget impact assessments in support of the Department of the Army Management Office Training.
- Prepare items for POM submission.
- Accredit Department of Defense Information Assurance and Accreditation Process at MTCs.
- Purchase and field new equipment for the MTCs.
913-684-8345 or 913-684-8411