LESD serves as capabilities integrator and provider of worldwide sustainment Mission Command training exercises. It provides exercise support to the Institutional and Operational Army to assist commanders in preparing soldiers to successfully execute their sustainment mission.
- Excellence in constructive sustainment simulation starts here.
- Be the premier Army organization for planning, training, and execution of constructive sustainment exercises.
- Develop future capability that fully supports emerging sustainment doctrine.
How LESD Helps the Army
- Providing Sustainment Mission Command simulation exercise support to military operations, mission rehearsals and training exercises with priority to the Mission Command Training Program (MCTP).
- Advising Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM) and the Sustainment Center of Excellence (SCoE) on the use of training technologies to execute the sustainment of individual and collective training missions.
- Serving as the capability Integrator and the Sustainment capability integrator for constructive simulation in support of the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) integration effort.
- Serving as the user representative for sustainment constructive simulations to assist the Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) by integrating the constructive sustainment model into the JLCCTC.
- Serving as the sustainment hub for the CONUS and Pacific Regional Simulation Capabilities (RSCs).
- Support to exercise design and execution.
- Support capabilities integration of sustainment constructive simulations.
- Support these stakeholders: MCTP, CASCOM, SCoE, Fielded Mission Training Complexes, 75th Division (USAR), Sustainment Commanders and Staffs, PEO-STRI, Project Manager Mission Command, TRADOC Capability Manager Sustainment Mission Command, J7 Joint and Coalition Warfighting, TRADOC Capability Manager Integrated Training Environment, TRADOC Capability Manager Constructive, TRADCO Project Office OneSAF and TRADOC Capability Manager Virtual and Gaming.
|Future Simulations Division||804-765-1492|
|Simulation Support Division||804-765-1177|
Soldiers use the Joint Deployment Logistics Model that is a logistics component, constructive simulation model. It provides commanders and their staffs with the complete array of Warfighting function capabilities required to meet logistics training requirements.