The October newsletter features articles about how the Mission Command Training Program includes cyber security in its exercises and the Army Joint Support Team's air ground integration courses. Another article explains the importance of the Army's new training manual. Click on the photo to read the newsletter....Read More
At the Combined Arms Center – Training Innovation Facility (CAC-TIF), a team of Soldiers and Civilians are using today’s off-the-shelf technologies to demonstrate how to create new Army training capabilities. They collaborate with the operating force and the Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation to recommend requirements for training gaps. Click on the photo to read the story in Infantry Magazine....Read More
The Army recently introduced a new version of its premier training manual to help leaders from sergeants to generals improve their unit's readiness. "Train to Win in a Complex World" is the title of the new Field Manual 7-0. FM 7-0 explains Army training strategies and new initiatives for assessing Army training readiness. What's more, the digital field manual offers links to online training resources. Click the image above to read more on this story....Read More
Combined Arms Center – Training Sgt. Maj. John McDwyer was one of the NCOs who explained the Three Domains of Leader Development at the Association of the United States Army convention in Washington. McDwyer discussed the Digital Job Book that tracks Soldiers’ training and helps NCOs schedule training. Click on the graphic to see the presentation. ...Read More
Brig. Gen. Maria Gervais explains how the Army plans to revolutionize training through the Synthetic Training Environment. Gervais, the deputy commanding general of the Combined Arms Center - Training, gave the presentation at the Association of the United States Army convention in Washington. To see, Gervais' talk click on the photo. ...Read More
The Synthetic Training Environment will revolutionize Army training to build readiness. Brig. Gen. Maria Gervais will discuss the Synthetic Training Environment at the Association of the United States Army convention. She will talk at 2:30 p.m. to 3:10 on Oct. 4 at the Army Exhibit on the convention floor. Click on the graphic to learn more about the Synthetic Training Environment.
Develops training requirements, fields training systems, delivers leader training and sustains training capabilities to support Army institutional and operational training of Soldiers, leaders, and units to successfully execute Unified Land Operations in complex, ambiguous environments.
How CAC-T Supports the Army
- Develop and sustain the Integrated Training Environment and evolve towards a Synthetic Training Environment.
- Manage the Combat Training Center Program.
- Identify requirements for and manage more than 900,000 Army training aids, devices, simulators and simulations.
- Manage Integrated Training Area Management, Sustainable Range and Standards in Training Commission programs.
- Manage the Army Training Support System Enterprise.
- Manage requirements for Army distributed learning and mobile applications.
- Train leaders and provide Commanders the opportunity to train on Mission Command through the Mission Command Training Program.
- Manage the Army Training Network, Army Training Management System, Digital Training Management System and Combined Arms Training Strategies to provide units and leaders with training resources.
- Standardize Mission Essential Task Lists to help brigade units and higher conduct realistic training.
- Integrate the Army’s Science and Technology efforts for Training and Education.
- Integrate training and education in the Agile Process and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System.
- Provide Army and joint air-ground operations education, training, and command and control systems integration.
- Write FM 7-0, ADP 7-0 and ADRP 7-0, the Army’s key documents for unit training.
- Enhance learning in the Centers of Excellence by providing classrooms with wireless capabilities.
- Provide an enterprise Army Training Information System that optimizes leaders’ and civilians’ ability to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training, education and leader development.
- Lead the Evolution of Training forum with designated Centers of Excellence to expand transparency, collaborate on and synchronize development of the Army’s future training capabilities.