Incoming Student Information - Key Dates & Arrival
RNETD: 19 JUN 2017
RNLTD: 23 JUN 2017
Air Force Prep Course: 26 JUN – 21 JUL 2017
P930: 26 JUL – 4 AUG 2017
Class Start Date: 14 AUG 2017
Graduation: 15 JUN 2018
You are required to check-in during the reporting week (RNETD-RNTLD) with the AFELM. You MUST be in uniform when you check-in. Your travel days and/or leave will stop when you check-in (i.e., if you arrive in the area on Monday, but do not check-in until Thursday, you will be charged travel days and/or leave up to and including Wednesday). Please make every effort to check-in NLT 1600 on the RNTLD, as the Air Force Prep Course will start first thing Monday morning. If you are unable to check-in by 1600 on the RNLTD, contact the AFELM to coordinate an alternate check-in time. SAMS AMSP and ASLSP Students: Your RNETD and RNLTD will differ from the CGSOC students.
This week is YOUR time to settle into the local area, and should be used for such things as finalizing housing/TMO related issues, school registration for dependents, base/area familiarization, etc. Once you sign-in, you will no longer be considered on leave.
Air Force Element
100 Stimson Avenue, Suite 3521A
Fort Leavenworth KS 66027
913-684-3424 (DSN 552)
House hunting: Once you sign a rental agreement or purchase a home, you are not authorized PTDY any longer. If you show up to CGSC with either of these conditions applicable to you, do NOT expect to take PTDY. If you did not take PTDY for house hunting prior to departing PCS from your current duty station, and have not found a place to live, you may request up to 8 days PTDY for this purpose. If applicable, you may arrive up to 8 days earlier than your RNETD. This must be approved in advance. Follow the instructions in the Early Reporting section below. When you arrive in the area, report to CGSC to check-in, and complete your PTDY request through LeaveWeb. PTDY for house hunting will not be approved retroactively. Again, you must come and sign-in upon arriving in the local area. NOTE: Once you begin the Air Force Prep Course, you will not be authorized PTDY for house hunting.Early Reporting: Only those whose PCS orders reflect "EARLY REPORTING AUTHORIZED" (ERA) can report before the RNETD. The early reporting approval authority is the AFELM Deputy Director. Send requests electronically with reporting date desired along with full justification (i.e., medical reasons, align with overseas DEROS, house hunting etc.) to the AFELM org box. If you arrive before the RNETD and your orders do not indicate ERA, you must take leave until the RNETD.
Finance, Flight Records (HARM) and TMO
CGSOC Students: During the first week of the Air Force Prep Course, you will have one day devoted to in-processing. Whiteman AFB is our servicing base, and representatives from Finance, HARM and TMO will be available for filing travel vouchers, PPM (DITY) vouchers, and collecting flight records. On this day, you will need to bring several copies of your orders, receipts, and flight records (if applicable).
Guard and Reserve Students: It is recommended that you NOT bring your flight records with you. Whiteman Finance and TMO will help you fill out your paperwork, but Finance may not be able to pay out your claim. Please have a POC at your home unit that we can send your claim to in case that happens.
SAMS AMSP and ASLSP Students: You will most likely have already started academics during Whiteman In-Processing day. You will be provided the required forms during check-in and they can be emailed to the appropriate agencies. If your instructor permits you to leave class, you are welcome to come and talk to in-person representatives, if you have questions.
Items You Need For Check-In
- Sealed package from losing base (Active Duty Only)
- Copy of orders
- Copy of Narrative Only PRF, AF 709 (Active Duty only-losing base should mail to AFPC)
- Family Care Plan, AF 357 (If applicable)
- Fitness (AFFMS II) Printout (Guard and Reserve only)
- Career Data Brief (vMPF) (Guard and Reserve Only)
- Unit Leave Monitor Contact Info (Guard and Reserve Only)
- Pay Clerk Contact Info (Guard and Reserve Only)
Important Factors to Consider
- TLF and/or post housing may not be available for early arrivals due to the graduating class still being in the area —coordinate as necessary. However, arriving early may give you more housing options to choose from. You may have to remain in billeting for several weeks waiting for the house that you choose to be turned over from the previous tenant.
- You will be charged leave for early arrival unless it has been previously requested through your servicing Military Personnel Section (i.e. on your orders) and approved by the Air Force Element Deputy Director. Please see the section on Early Reporting above.
- You cannot claim TLE for a day that you are on leave. For example, If you arrive in the area the week prior to your report week, did not receive approval for early reporting, and are staying in billeting, you will NOT be able to claim those nights as TLE (you will NOT be reimbursed) because you are in a leave status.
AFELM Contact Information:
Phone: Commercial: 913-684-3424, DSN: 552-3424
E-mail: The Air Force Element