The Command and General Staff College (CGSC) manages an extensive Adjunct Faculty Program through the Department of Distance Education (DDE). The purpose of the program is to evaluate distance learning student’s written assignments. Each adjunct faculty member is charged with providing a grade and detailed written feedback concerning the student's substance and writing ability. Since CGSC cannot provide monetary pay for adjunct faculty members, most are members of the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or Individual Mobilization Augmentation (IMA) and are paid in participation points at the rate of one‑half point per student paper.
- Some of the qualifications for our adjunct faculty include the following:
- Lieutenant Colonel or higher. Highly qualified majors will be considered if the student population and written requirements justify the needs.
- Graduate of the Command and General Staff Officer Course with above average grades.
- Minimum of a master's degree from a nationally recognized accredited institution.
- The following additional criteria will be considered:
- Published articles.
- Joint military experience.
- Recent operational assignments
If you are interested in becoming an adjunct faculty member, contact the DDE Curriculum Developer at (913) 684-2083.
Complete the Adjunct Faculty Curriculum Vitae Application Form to the address and/or email below:
Department of Distance Education 290 Stimson Avenue Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-2314