- Action Officer Development Course
- Advanced Course
- Basic Course
- Continuing Education for Senior Leadership
- Foundation Course
- Intermediate Course
- Manager Development Course
- Supervisor Development Course
- Supervisor Development Course - Executive Level
Civilian Education System (CES) Leader Development Program is a progressive and sequential leader development program that provides enhanced educational opportunities for Army Civilians throughout their careers. Army Civilians will become multi-skilled, agile leaders of the 21st Century, who personify the Warrior Ethos in all aspects, from warfighting support, to statesmanship, to enterprise management.
CES provides eight levels of Civilian development: Foundation Course (FC), Basic Course (BC), Intermediate Course (IC), Advanced Course (AC), Continuing Education for Senior Leaders (CESL), Supervisors Development Course (SDC), Managers Development Course (MDC), and Action Officers Development Course (AODC). The method of delivery is distributed Learning (dL), resident instruction or blended learning, a mixture of both dL and resident instruction.
Most permanent Army Civilians and Local National employees are centrally funded — the Army pays for your tuition, travel, and per diem centrally. It does not come out of your unit budget. Military members; term and temporary employees; and non-Department of the Army employees are funded through their own organizations.
The major underpinnings of CES courses are:
- Student Centered — Focuses on the transfer of knowledge using the Army's Lifelong Learning Philosophy, with the emphasis on leader development
- Problem Based — Provides students with real world issues and problems they will encounter as direct or indirect leaders
- Experiential — Allows students to practice new skills in an environment that minimizes risk, encourages participation, and offers immediate feedback
- Inquiry Based Learning — Focuses on questioning, critical thinking and problem-solving
NOTE: dL is available to all Army Civilians as self-development.
250 Gibbon Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Contact the AMSC Webmaster