Course Credit


Apply for Course Credit

Course credit may be requested using the (equivalency or constructive) credit process and may be granted in certain circumstances in lieu of course attendance. Failure to upload your packets using the correct process may result in non-recommendation or delay. You may only gain course credit for CES courses which you are eligible to enroll. For example, you cannot receive course credit for the Advanced Course unless you are eligible to enroll in the Advanced Course (i.e. you are a GS 13, 14, and 15). Course credit does not count as a course completion, nor does it count as course graduation. It simply means you are not required to take the CES course that is equivalent to the course(s) you have already completed.

Step 1

Open your browser of choice and navigate to CHRTAS:

step 1

Step 2

Using the dropdown in the middle of the page, select your category (e.g. "Army Civilian").

step 2

Step 3

Choose a sign in type. If you would like to login using your Common Access Card, choose CAC. If you'd rather login using your Social Security Number and date of birth, choose the SSN/EIN and DOB option. After selecting a sign in type, click the go button.

step 3

Step 4

After logging in, click the continue button to verify the category that was selected in step 2.

step 4

Step 5

Using the menu on the left side of the page, choose student, then about course credit.

step 5

Step 6

Follow the steps on the CHRTAS Application System to apply for either equivalency or constructive credit.

step 6

250 Gibbon Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Contact the AMSC Webmaster