CONGRATULATIONS on your assignment to Fort Leavenworth. You have an intellectually challenging tour before you, but the bonds of friendship you will make across service boundaries and cultures are sure to enhance your future Naval career.
Director, U.S. Navy Element, wecomes you to CGSC/Fort Leavenworth, KS. Please begin arrival preparations by visiting this site which contains pre-reporting guidance and general information with links to services at Fort Leavenworth and area schools. Additional reporting instructions and directives for Army (due prior to reporting) requirements are also included here. For CGSC-wide information, visit http://usacac.army.mil/organizations/lde/cgsc/inbound.
- Please review the Fort Leavenworth Garrison web site at https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil.
- IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION FOR ON-BASE STUDENT HOUSING: The criteria and process for student housing assignments have been modified. There will not be a "Traditional Student Run" this year. All homes will be available on a first come, first served basis, based on bedroom need, date of arrival, and date of application. Please contact the ILE Student Housing POC at 913-682-6300 for additional information on applying for on-base housing. Click here for all your housing needs.
- Fill out the Bio Data Sheet and return it along with a one page professional BIO (with picture in dress uniform), or fax to 913-684-2771 (DSN 552). If you have trouble opening the Bio Data Sheet, try saving the file to your desktop first.
- Limited BOQ and temporary family quarters are available and can found on the Army Lodging website.
- There are several local school districts. Information about each of the districts (Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Lansing and Catholic School System) can be found at the following links:
- The post is proud of their vibrant MWR program and extensive opportunities for community involvement. More detailed information is available at http://fortleavenworthmwr.com/.
- Security Clearance: Attendance at CGSC requires a current SECRET security clearance. Some elective courses require a TS clearance with eligibility for access to SCI, based on a current SSBI, SSBIPR or PPR. If you plan to take any of these electives you must complete all paperwork to initiate or update your clearance prior to departure from your current installation.
You should not transfer your clearances "in status." You must be read out of your billet before departing your current station. POC for security issues is 913-684-2256.
- Until establishing a permanent address, you may have your mail and packages forwarded to:
YOUR NAMEThis will be sent to the main post office on base and you will pick up your mail at this location.
c/o General Delivery
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027
- If you have not yet contacted us, please do so immediately. The Navy Element commercial telephone number is 913-684-2256/2843 or DSN 552-2256/2843. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
- Upon receipt of your official orders (not verbal notification), you will need to register for a guest DKO active service account at www.us.army.mil. POC for sponsorship can be reached at 913-684-2256 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of orders, contact the Navy Element at commercial 913-684-2256 (DSN 552), email the Navy Element staff at email@example.com. Complete the Biographical Info Sheet posted at this website and submit it along with a professional biography. You may also FAX it to 913-684-2771 within five days of receipt of orders.
Report in NWU Type 1. Uniforms worn throughout the year may include: Service Dress, Mess Dress (optional for O3), Service Khaki, NWU, and Flight Suits. Local purchase options are limited. Immediately upon arrival, the service member will be evaluated to ensure compliance with U.S. Navy body fat standards.
Members are encouraged to request house hunting TDY from detaching command, only members reporting from OCONUS will be authorized local house hunting orders. Contact the Fort Leavenworth Housing Office at 913-684-5686/3052 or via the Garrison Housing Office web site at http://www.ftleavenworthfamilyhousing.com, or http://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/newcomers---visitors.aspx.
NAVELM Contact Information:
Phone: Commercial: 913-684-2256, DSN: 552-2256
Fax: Commercial: 913-684-2771, DSN: 552-2771
E-mail: The Navy Element