- Instruct students on the doctrine, organization, and mission of the U.S. Marine Corps. Provide instruction on expeditionary/amphibious operations.
- Organization. The U.S. Marine Corps Element consists of a single office.
- Additional responsibilities and functions.
- Serve as Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Detachment, Ft. Leavenworth, KS. Responsible for administrative support of Marines assigned to United States Disciplinary Barracks (USDB).
- Designated representative of the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) to CAC and CGSC for issues pertaining to the U.S. Marine personnel assigned to CGSC.
- Serve as senior Marine representative designated to represent Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC) and President, Marine Corps University to CAC and Commandant, CGSC.
- Serve as the U. S. Marine Corps point of contact and liaison to U.S. Marine Corps activities and personnel external to CAC and CGSC.
Class 16-01 Reporting Window – NET 0800 06 Jul 2015 - NLT 1200 10 Jul 2015
- Lewis and Clark Center
100 Stimson Avenue
Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-2301
Office Number - 2520 (Third Deck, North)
Phone - 913-684-2256
- Lewis and Clark Center
- USMC Indoc – Begins 13 Jul 2015 at 0800
- Class 16-01 Begins 3 Aug 2015
- Class 16-01 Graduates 13 Jun 2016
- Location – Lewis and Clark Center
- Uniform – Desert MARPAT
- What to bring – Note Taking Material
Note – Check-in will be in the uniform of the day. In calls with the Commanding Officer will be scheduled in conjunction with the USMC indoc and will be conducted in Service Alphas. For those checking in prior to 13 July, leave in conjunction with PCS orders will be approved.
The CGSOC Preparatory Course (P930) is required for international military students, US Army Chaplain, Judge Advocate General, AMEDD officers, US Army Reserve officers, Sister Services, and government agencies. Instruction includes US military terminology, organization, tactics, logistics, and command and control. Essentially, the P930 course is an classroom version of the P920 course. Course dates are in accordance with the CGSC Key Dates posted online. This course is mandatory for all USMC students. Classrooms/Staff Groups will be assigned during the USMC Indoc.
In-processing for CGSOC will occur in a centralized fashion after completion of P930. Upon arrival, students in the P930 Preparatory course will be required to sign up for an in-processing appointment during the afternoon of one day during that time period. Students sign up for an afternoon in-processing appointment to avoid missing class. Sign-up sheets will be posted outside the US Student Division.
For Pre-Reporting Instructions and further information, visit our Inbound Students page.
Marine Corps Detachment, 100 Stimson Ave., Rm 3519, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027
Phone: Commercial: 913-684-4673, DSN: 552-4673
E-mail: The Marine Corps Element