Welcome to the Command and General Staff College!
The Programs Assistant with the International Military Student Division (IMSD) will send a message to the Security Assistance Offices with information about completing the CGSC online registration forms.
All SAO's and inbound international military students, please feel free to contact IMSD directly via the link at the bottom of this page. You may also call upon us at the following phone numbers:
Desk: (+001) 913-684-7318 / DSN 552-7318
Fax: (+001) 913-684-7333 / DSN 552-7333
Official IMSD E-mail (FOR SAO/EMBASSY/ATTACHÉ USE ONLY): firstname.lastname@example.org
International Military Students (IMS) at CGSC must read and abide by the following:
"Information Booklet for International Military Student" is provided in your welcome packet upon your arrival and can also be accessed here.
- CGSC Circular 12-1 (Entire book)
- Chapter 1 General Information and Instructions
- Chapter 2 Preparations for Your Attendance as a CGSOC Student
- Chapter 3 The Fort Leavenworth Setting and Facilities
- Chapter 4 International Military Student Programs and Activities
- Chapter 5 Organization and Functions
- Chapter 6 Conduct of Instruction and Evaluation
- Chapter 7 Curriculum
- Appendix A Academic Overview (Extracted from CGSC Circular 350-5)
- Appendix B CGSOC Common Core (Extracted from CGSC Circular 350-5)
- Appendix C Electives Program (Extracted from CGSC Circular 350-5)
- Appendix D Advanced Operations Course (AOC) (Extracted from CGSC Circular 350-5)
- Appendix E Kansas School Immunization Requirements
- Appendix F Missouri School Immunication Requirements
- Table of Contents
Organization of the International Military Student - Student Body
The IMS cohort will have an internal organization that consists of the Senior IMS, a COS who is "first among equals", and a number of group leaders and committee members sufficient to accomplish the goals of the group. Elective credit is granted to some positions at the determination of the Chief, IMSD.
- The Senior IMS (by date of rank) represents the IMS Student Body in non-academic issues. He conducts gift presentations and represents the IMS at grievances.
- The Chief of Staff orchestrates the flow of information to the IMS Student Body. This position allows for 0-54 credit hours to be awarded for Advanced Application Program credits.
- Two or three Group Leaders each represent 1/2 or 1/3 of the IMS Student Body. They provide accountability assistance during group travel to Field Studies Program activities.
- The following committee positions are also available:
- IMS Class Treasurer, IMS Class Secretary, Yearbook Committee, Fund-Raising Committee, Class Gift Committee