CONGRATULATIONS on your assignment to Fort Leavenworth. You have an intellectually challenging tour before you, but the bonds of friendship you will make across service boundaries and cultures are sure to enhance your future Naval career.
Director, U.S. Navy Element, wecomes you to CGSC/Fort Leavenworth, KS. Please begin arrival preparations by visiting this site which contains pre-reporting guidance and general information with links to services at Fort Leavenworth and area schools. Additional reporting instructions and directives for Army (due prior to reporting) requirements are also included here. For CGSC-wide information, visit http://usacac.army.mil/organizations/cace/cgsc/inbound.
- You will be a member of class AY2018. Your report no earlier than date is Thursday 22 June 2017, and report no later than date is Tuesday 27 June 2017. You will begin the Navy/Coast Gurd Indoctirination Course on Wednesday 28 June 2017. This will be followed by the Army P930 course beginning on Wednesday 26 June 2017. You will graduate on Friday 15 June 2018.
- Uniform of the Day will be your individual choice of NWU Type I or Type III. In addition, you will need your full complement of uniforms to include: PT Uniform, Khakis, Summer Whites, Dress Whites, Service Dress Blues, and Mess Dress Blues with mini medals and isignia (O-4 and above). During your first 45 days be prepared to wear NWU of choice, PT Uniform, Khakis, and Summer Whites.
- Please review the Fort Leavenworth Garrison web site at http://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil.
- All on-base student housing will be available on a first come, first served basis, based on bedroom need, date of arrival, and date of application. Please contact the ILE Student Housing POC at 913-682-6300 for additional information on applying for on-base housing. Click here for all your housing needs.
- Fill out the Bio Data Sheet and return it along with a one page professional BIO (with picture in dress uniform), or fax to 913-684-2771 (DSN 552). If you have trouble opening the Bio Data Sheet, try saving the file to your desktop first.
- Limited BOQ and temporary family quarters are available and can found on the Army Lodging website.
- There are several local school districts. Information about each of the districts (Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Lansing and Catholic School System) can be found at the following links:
- The post is proud of their vibrant MWR program and extensive opportunities for community involvement. More detailed information is available at http://fortleavenworthmwr.com/.
Security Clearance: Attendance at CGSC requires a current SECRET security clearance. Some elective courses require a TS clearance with eligibility for access to SCI, based on a current SSBI, SSBIPR or PPR. If you plan to take any of these electives you must complete all paperwork to initiate or update your clearance prior to departure from your current installation.
You should not transfer your clearances "in status." You must be read out of your billet before departing your current station. POC for security issues is 913-684-2256.
Until establishing a permanent address, you may have your mail and packages forwarded to:
YOUR NAMEThis will be sent to the main post office on base and you will pick up your mail at this location.
c/o General Delivery
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027
- If you have not yet contacted us, please do so immediately. The Navy Element commercial telephone number is 913-684-2256/2843 or DSN 552-2256/2843. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of your official orders (not verbal notification), you will need to register for a guest DKO active service account at www.us.army.mil. POC for sponsorship can be reached at 913-684-2256 or at email@example.com
Members are encouraged to request house hunting TDY from detaching command, only members reporting from OCONUS will be authorized local house hunting orders. Contact the Fort Leavenworth Housing Office at 913-684-5686/3052 or via the Garrison Housing Office web site at http://www.ftleavenworthfamilyhousing.com.
NAVELM Contact Information:
Phone: Commercial: 913-684-2256, DSN: 552-2256
Fax: Commercial: 913-684-2771, DSN: 552-2771
E-mail: The Navy Element