Non-Army CES Registration Instructions
The following steps will assist with the CES application process for potential students who are not employed by the Army.
- Applicants must request an AKO account from AKO at https://www.us.army.mil/. This is a vital part to process your application in CHRTAS and to gain access to your Phase I requirement. You will not be able to apply for any CES training until you have an AKO account.
- The Foundation Course is required for all students coming into Federal Service after 09/30/2006. However, as a Non-Army student you are not required to complete the Foundation Course. Prior to being eligible to attend the resident phase, you must submit a copy of your Standard Form (50) to HQDA G-3/5/7 (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to be exempt from the Foundation Course.
- Once you have completed all the above, you will need to log into CHRTAS (https://atrrs.army.mil/channels/chrtas/student/logon.aspx?caller=1) and create a student profile (located on under student functions on the left side of the screen.)
To Apply for Distributed Learning (dL) Phase I
You will need to log into CHRTAS at https://atrrs.army.mil/channels/chrtas/student/logon.aspx?caller=1. Using the menu on the left side of the page, choose student, then apply for training.
- Step 1: FY13
- Step 2: CES
- Step 3: Distributed Learning dL Phase I - Effective 11/18/2009, CES Distributed Learning dL Phase I and CES Resident Phase II have been delinked. You must receive your email notification that you have successfully completed CES Phase I before you can register for CES Phase II.
- Step 4: Search. Verify your AKO username and password. Once you enter in your AKO credentials, a page will load showing you the course you wish to apply for, click "Register for Distributed Learning (dL) Courses". Select web. Select class 001.
- Step 5: Verify that the information provided in your application is correct and click the submit button. Once you have submitted your application, it must be approved by your supervisor.
Once your Phase I dL requirement is completed you will be able to apply for Phase II, the resident phase. You will not be eligible for Phase II until you have completed the Phase I dL requirement.
To Apply for Phase II
You will need to log into CHRTAS at https://atrrs.army.mil/channels/chrtas/student/logon.aspx?caller=1. Update your student profile (located under student functions).
Using the menu on the left side of the page, choose student, then apply for training.
- Step 1: FY13
- Step 2: CES. Select the OK button because you have already completed the Phase I requirement.
- Step 3: Select the appropriate class for your resident (Phase II) training.
- Step 4: Search. Verify your AKO username and password. Select training location and course date. At this point you will be able to review your course dates, profile and apply for one primary and one alternate for your CES course track.
- Step 5: Submit your application for training. Once your application has been submitted it then requires approval by your supervisor and quota manager. Once your application has been approved you will receive electronic notice via email with additional instructions.
Please be aware that non-Army agencies are responsible for funding student travel, meals, lodging, rental cars, and miscellaneous. You will NOT be reimbursed by AMSC.
250 Gibbon Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Contact the AMSC Webmaster