Distributed Learning (DL)
Self-paced not to exceed 180 days
Foundation Course (if Army Civilian hired after September 30, 2006)
This is a 100% online version of the Civilian Education System (CES) Basic Course designed for the Army Civilian leader who exercises direct leadership to effectively lead and care for teams. The Basic Course is the required leader development course for all Army Civilians in grades GS–01 through GS–09 or equivalent.
- Army Civilians in permanent appointment.
- Military supervisors of Army Civilians, DoD and other Federal agency leaders, and term and temporary Army Civilians.
- Army Civilians must have a current performance rating of successful or above and be in good conduct standing.
- Employees must have successfully completed the Foundation Course.
- Army Non-appropriated Fund (NAF), Wage Grade (WG), Local National (LN)
- Foundation Course, (required only for individuals hired after Sept. 30, 2006)
Once you have applied through CHRTAS, follow the instructions provided in system generated emails to access the course. This course is conducted using Blackboard.com and does not require a CAC-enabled computer.
250 Gibbon Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Contact the AMSC Webmaster