Course Director's Welcome
|Duration-dl:||self paced not to exceed 6 months|
Overview: To educate civilians to be more adaptive, innovative, self-aware, and prepared to effectively lead and care for personnel and manage assigned resources.
The Intermediate Course is designed to prepare participants for increasing responsibilities to exercise direct and indirect supervision. Students enhance their leadership abilities and develop skills to manage human and financial resources, displaying flexibility and resilience with a focus on the mission. This course is a combination of dL and three weeks of resident instruction.
The Intermediate Course is the required leader development course for all Army Civilians in grades GS–10 through GS–12 or equivalent pay band.
Eligibility for Resident Training:
- Army Civilians in permanent appointment.
- Military supervisors of Army Civilians, DOD and other Federal agency leaders, and term and temporary Army Civilians.
- Army Civilians must have a current performance rating of successful or above and be in good conduct standing.
- Employees must have successfully completed the Intermediate Course DL and the Foundation Course if required.
- Army Non-appropriated Fund (NAF), Wage Grade (WG), Local National (LN)
Selection Priority for Resident Training:
- Priority 1. Army Civilians in a permanent appointment to a supervisory position.
- Priority 2. Army Civilians in permanent appointment to non-supervisory position.
- Priority 3. Military supervisors of Army Civilians, DOD and other Federal agency leaders. Army Civilians in term or temporary appointment who are responsible for leading or supervising Army Civilians. Priority 3 attendees are not centrally funded and must be funded by their organization.
Pre-Requisites: Must have graduated from the Foundation Course if you are an Army civilian hired after September 2006.
Special Information: Must graduate from 1-250-C61 (DL), Phase 1 prior to registering for the resident phase 2. CES courses are centrally funded for most Department of the Army Civilians. Refer to AR 350-1 for specific requirements and eligibility. Courses are open to DOD employees and employees from other military departments. These employees are NOT centrally funded.
Must complete course within 2 years of placement in position.
Must complete both Resident and dL to receive CEUs (17.69).
Once you have applied through CHRTAS, follow these steps to begin your Intermediate Course in ALMS.
- Step 1: Go to https://www.lms.army.mil and log in using your CAC.
- Step 2: Click on the "Current Enrollments" button and your registered course lessons will be displayed with the option to launch them directly. Lessons will not be listed in order and you should sort them alphabetically. Please note you will have to repeat this sort each time you log into the ALMS to view your lessons in alphabetical order.
- Step 3: Use the sort feature at the top of the page to sort by assigned on date. Uncheck the checkbox that groups lessons by...
- Step 4: Your lessons/course may display unexpanded. Then click the Plus [+] to expand your course.
- Step 5: Notice the course will expand one level. Providing "Required Module 1" and another [+] Plus symbol. Click the [+] Plus symbol.
- Step 6: Now all lessons should be displayed in sequence. Launch the "Desk Reference" first! Save and print this lesson for reference if you have not already printed it from the CHRTAS email you received notifying you of your enrolment in the course.
- Step 7: Click the launch button to launch subsequent lessons. Note the next link for navigating to subsequent pages and additional lessons.
Thank you for teaching such a great course and for giving me the confidence to reach higher. My expectations of myself and my colleagues are totally different now, and I'm grateful for everything I learned at CES. - Intermediate Course Graduate
During the CES goal planning exercise, I documented a timeline for completion of a Ph.D. I was very ambitious about finishing in December, but I worked daily to reach this goal. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and motivation. Taking the CES course over the summer helped me reach and accomplish my goal of completing the Ph.D. - Intermediate Course Graduate
250 Gibbon Ave, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
Contact the AMSC Webmaster