CONGRATULATIONS on your assignment to Fort Leavenworth. You have an intellectually challenging tour before you, but the bonds of friendship you will make across service boundaries and cultures are sure to enhance your future Naval career.
Pre-Reporting Checklist: Ft. Leavenworth phone list and links
1. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
2. There is limited on-post and abundant off-post housing. The quality of on-post housing varies in terms of age and size. Click here for all your housing needs. This should be your first step due to post housing deadlines.
3. Once you have written orders, fill out BIO DATA SHEET, and return it along with a one page professional BIO (with picture in dress uniform) electronically, or fax to (913) 684-2771/DSN 552-2771. If you have trouble opening the Bio Data Sheet, try saving the file to your desktop first, then open.
4. Limited BOQ and temporary family quarters are available and can found on the Army Lodging website
5. There are several local school districts. Information about each of the districts (Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Lansing and Catholic School System) can be found at the following links:
6. The post is proud of their vibrant MWR program and extensive opportunities for community involvement. More detailed information is available at from the Fort Leavenworth Lamp.
7. Leavenworth weather is dynamic with four seasons. Member directed: Report in NWU Type I. Uniforms worn throughout the year may include: Service dress, mess dress (optional if O1-O3), service khaki, NWU, and flight suits. Local purchase options are limited. NEXonline is the only local source for Navy uniforms, 1.800.368.4088.
8. Fort Leavenworth is in United Health Care Military WEST. Members can visit UHC Military West online or contact your local UHC office if you have any questions concerning travel or transfer.
1. Although Physical Readiness Testing is conducted in October and April during your year at CGSC, service member will be evaluated immediately upon arrival to ensure compliance with U.S. Navy body fat standards, and must meet requirements prior to acceptance into the program.
2. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Attendance at CGSC requires a current SECRET security clearance. The electives courses listed below require a TS clearance with eligibility for access to SCI, based on a current SSBI, SSBIPR or PPR. If you plan to take any of these electives you must complete all paperwork to initiate or update your clearance prior to departure from your current installation.
- A337 Brigade Combat Team S2
- A339 Advanced Intelligence Seminar
- A543 Space Operations
- A544 Information Operations
- A545 CIA & the Intel Community: How it Supports the Interagency Effort
You should not transfer your clearances "in status." You must be read out of your billet before departing your current station. POC for security issues is 913-684-2256.
3. Until establishing a permanent address, you may have your mail (no packages) forwarded to the Navy Element at:
US Navy Element, USACGSC
RANK FIRST M. LAST
100 STIMSON AVE
FT LEAVENWORTH KS 66027
4. Forwarded packages (including seabags, etc.) should be sent to:
c/o General Delivery
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027
This will be sent to the main post office on base and you will pick up your mail at this location.
5. If you have not yet contacted us, please do so immediately. The Navy Element commercial telephone number is (913) 684-2256/2843 or DSN 552-2256/2843. Our e-mail address is email@example.com. Fax number is (913) 684-2271.
Frequently Asked Questions
"Is on-base housing available?"
Yes, on-post housing is available for CGSC students; early contact with the housing office is highly recommended. Contact Fort Leavenworth Family Housing in order to meet the deadlines. If you are unable to secure on-post housing or if you prefer to reside off-post, the surrounding communities offer ample opportunities to rent or purchase a home if you desire..
"What do I have to do prior to check-in?"
There are many actions that must be accomplished prior to your arrival. After contacting the U.S. Navy Element upon receipt of orders, you will be instructed on all actions and deadlines. In addition to those actions, time spent exploring your own warfare community for valid and current information will be highly valuable. You will be looked to as the subject matter expert for maritime planning issues by your classmates here at CGSC.
"How do I get an AKO account?"
Upon receipt of your official orders (not verbal notification), you will need to register for a guest DKO active service account at www.us.army.mil. POC for sponsorship can be reached at 913-684-2256/4673 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
"What JPME credit do I get for attending?"
You will receive JPME phase one credit only. There is no degree awarded unless you fulfill the additional requirements for the Master of Military Art and Science (MMAS).
"What is the schedule like immediately following check-in?"
Beginning the day following your “Report NLT Date” on your orders, you should expect to be actively engaged in CGSC activities from 0800-1700. Considering this, it is highly recommended that officers arrive in local area on PCS leave early enough to settle dependents, conduct HHG move in, and complete personal affairs in advance of reporting, as you will enjoy an extremely busy and productive reporting schedule.
|NAVELM Contact Information:
Commercial: 913-684-2256/2843, DSN: 552-2256/2843, FAX: 4-2771 | E-mail
: The Navy Element