Department of Defense Financial Management Regulation, Volume 5, Disbursing:
- Chapter 2, Disbursing Offices, Officers, and Agents
- Chapter 3, Keeping and Safeguarding Public Funds
- Chapter 11, Disbursements
- Chapter 12, Foreign Disbursing Operations
U.S. Army Field Manual 1-06, Financial Management Operations, Appendix D, Paying Agents
Center for Army Lessons Learned Handbooks:
- 08-12, Commander's Emergency Response Program
- 08-47, Deployed Contracting Officer Representative
- 09-27, Commander's Guide to Money as a Weapons System
Current theater and operational area policies
Current Financial Management Center policies
Current Financial Management Company policies
Field Ordering Officer Appointment Orders Example
APO, AE 00000
MEMORANDUM FOR Contracting Office, APO, AE 00000
SUBJECT: Request for Appointment of Field Ordering Officer
1. Request that (Name), (SSN), be appointed as a field ordering officer for missions in support of _________________________.
2. The ordering officer will be required to purchase the following supplies and/or services:
Note: List the categories and/or classes of supplies separately requested to be purchase here.
3. Period of appointment: __ Jan ____ through __ Jan ____ (Note: Not to exceed expected redeployment date).
4. Each Standard Form 44 will not exceed $25,000.00. Total amount will not exceed $0.00 (enter the dollar amount equal to that of the Department of the Army Form 3953).
5. Point of contact for this action is (name) at (phone number).
O-5 or above
Department of Defense Form 577, Appointment/Termination Record-Authorized Signature, Example for Field Ordering Officer
Commander's Acknowledgement Statement Example
Paying Agent Appointment Orders Example
MEMORANDUM FOR Finance and Accounting Officer (FM CO Office, APO AE)
SUBJECT: Paying Agent Appointment Orders
1. Under the provisions of DODFMR, Volume 5, paragraph 020602, RANK, NAME, and SSN, is appointed as paying agent to NAME, Commanding, NUMBER FM Company.
2. PURPOSE: To perform duties as paying agent for (i.e., ING, CERP, QRF, etc.) from ___(DATE)___ to ___(DATE)___ (if to dates are unknown, leave blank)
3. MAXIMUM ADVANCE: $______________
4. ACCOUNTING CLASSIFICATION: SAME AS PR&C
5. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Paying agent will be familiar with the contest of DODFMR Vol. 5, and DFAS-IN 37-1. Paying agent will read the FM CO paying agent MOI and understand these instructions prior to drawing funds. Funds will not be entrusted or intermingled to others for any purpose. Paying agent is authorized to make official government purchases that have been properly prepared and signed by the accompanying field ordering officer and vendor. Funds and paid vouchers will be secured at all times as required by DODFMR, Vol. 5, Chapter 3.
(Rank and Branch)
I accept my appointment as paying agent to NAME, NUMBER FM CO and agree to hold myself accountable to the United States for all public funds received. I have been counseled as to my pecuniary liability, given standing operating procedures, and had all my questions relating to this appointment answered satisfactorily.
(Agent's Printed Name and signed
(Rank and Branch)
Department of Defense Form 577 for Paying Agent Example
Department of the Army Form 3953, Purchase Request and Commitment Example
Department of Defense Form 1081, Statement of Agent Officer's Account, Example for Advance of Funds
Standard Form 44, Purchase Order-Invoice-Voucher, Example for Commander's Emergency Response Fund
Standard Form 44 Example for Operations and Maintenance, Army Fund
Standard Form 44 Continuation Sheet Example
Standard Form 44, Example of a Transaction Ledger
Department of Defense Form 1081, Example Returned from Paying Agent