NLT 2020 the NSC develops the requirements and advocates integrated capabilities where needed to develop and train Soldiers, Leaders, and Units to achieve individual and collective readiness by:
- Achieving an Integrated Training Environment (ITE) - A strategy that by design Combines or technically connects, support tools and selected Training Aids, Devices, Simulations, and Simulators (TADSS) in a persistent and consistent manner; while leveraging Mission Command systems to meet the commander's training objectives within the appropriate OE; capable of supporting individual and multi-echelon collective training within all of the Army's Training Domains and Training Environments.
- Developing requirements and championing capabilities for the ITE, Constructive and Gaming Environments while synchronizing the Virtual and Live Environments.
- Being the Executive Agents responsible for the Army Mission Command Training Support Program (MCTSP) and the Joint National Training Capability (JNTC).
- Supporting Army and Joint exercises and experiments through distributed capabilities.
- Creating a culture that promotes individual responsibility to achieve the mission.
The NSC as the technical integrating leader of the Armyâ€™s training community is an organization focused on Soldiers, Leaders and Units by supporting their training and representing their needs.
The NSC is an organization where each individual can take ownership and shared responsibility for the support we provide to the Warfighter, and in return, they are given the opportunity to professionally develop for greater responsibility in the future.