Claims - Full Replacement Value Coverage Information

Full Replacement Value Checklist


If you visited our office, how was our service?  Let us know!


Office Hours:

Monday through Wednsday and Friday from 0900-1600

Thursday from 1300-1600

The Claims Division mission is to process, investigate, adjudicate, and negotiate the settlement of non-contractual claims against the Army filed at Fort Leavenworth.  Claims are processed for lost or damaged property, personal injury, death, disasters, and other costs arising from Army operations.  We are committed to our customers and have been recognized for the quality of our service by receiving the Army Judge Advocate General's Excellence in Claims Award thirteen times since its inception in 1996.


The Claims Division processes three broad categories of claims (Personnel, Tort, and Affirmative):


1.  Personnel Claims - Claims against the U.S. filed by soldiers, DA civilians, and other military personnel for loss and damage of personal property occurring incident to service.  These include claims for damage to household goods during a PCS move.


Instructions, Forms, and Contacts for Filing a Household Good Claim - Army
Instructions for Coast Guard, Air Force, USMC, and Navy Personnel

Please contact the claims office at 913-684-3564 for assistance or further information.


Personally Procured Transportation Move (PPM) (Formally known as DITY move)
Information Article for household good claims
Claims advice for PCS moves
Claims advice for shipment of POV
Claims advice regarding theft of personal belongings


2.  Tort Claims - Claims against the U.S. for personal injury, death, or property damage caused by the negligence of military personnel acting in the scope of employment or occurring incident to the noncombat operations of the armed services.  These include claims under the Military Claims Act, the Federal Tort Claims Act, the National Guard Claims Act, the Foreign Claims Act, and a number of other claims statutes.


Instructions for filing a claim against the United States (pdf)
Standard Form (SF) 95, Claim for Injury, Damage, or Death.(pdf)
Information paper on filing a claim when driving a rental vehicle on government business (pdf)
Authority to file a claim on the behalf of a business or corporation.(doc)


Please contact Tort Claims at 913-684-5371 for assistance or further information.


3.  Affirmative Claims - Claims on behalf of the U.S. against negligent third parties for damage to military property or injury to military personnel.


Information paper on affirmative claims.
Report of Injury Questionnaire


Please contact Affirmative Claims at 913-684-5371 for assistance or further information.


Last Reviewed: December 13, 2011

          |   Privacy and Security Notice   |     |   Accessibility Help   |   External Link Disclaimer   |   No Fear Act   |
|   U.S. Army   |   Tradoc   TRADOC   |   iSALUTE   | Ft. Leavenworth   |   Site Map   |   FOIA   |   USA.GOV   |   This is an official U.S. Army Site   |