Magistrate Court - Money Ticket

Money TicketThis type of citation is known as a Central Violations Bureau (CVB) citation and is reserved for the least serious offenses. What this means is that you can pay the fine that is listed on the citation (forfeit collateral) and dispose of this case. By paying the fine, you are admitting to the offense, and depending on the specific offense, that conviction may be reported to your state's Department of Motor Vehicles.


If you do not pay the fine, you will receive a "Notice to Appear." This informal hearing is held at the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate on Fort Leavenworth, and the CVB will schedule that hearing anytime four to six weeks after you received the citation. At that hearing, you can:

  1. agree to pay the citation
  2. speak with the Prosecutor and ask that the government amend or dismiss the citation
  3. contest the citation. If you contest the citation, your case will be scheduled for trial at the next available date, which is normally one month after the informal hearing.


All trials are held before the United States District Court, which is located at 500 State Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas.




Last Reviewed: February 18, 2010

          |   Privacy and Security Notice   |     |   Accessibility Help   |   External Link Disclaimer   |   No Fear Act   |
|   U.S. Army   |   Tradoc   TRADOC   |   iSALUTE   | Ft. Leavenworth   |   Site Map   |   FOIA   |   USA.GOV   |   This is an official U.S. Army Site   |