Standard Form 44 (completed sample)
Tip: To save time, pre-fill in entries that will not change before making a purchase; for example, signature blocks, fund codes, unit addresses, finance addresses, etc.
Figure B-1. Example of SF 44 items that a field ordering officer (FOO)
or paying agent can complete before making a purchase
Note: The FOO fills out yellow highlighted areas, and the paying agent fills out green highlighted areas.
Do not buy:
- Day laborers (FOOs can pay for day labor services that require only a single payment for labor services an existing contract does not cover. The FOO must contact the supporting contracting office to check for existing contracts).
- Cellular phones, monthly service charges, or prepaid phone cards; computer hardware and software; and hand-held radios.
- Vehicles, either purchase or rental; long-term building leases.
- Morale, Welfare, and Recreation equipment or services such as DVDs, satellite dishes, cable TVs, TVs, social events, or other services or tours.
- Any rapid fielding initiative item or issued uniform clothing item; any personal demand item.
- Gifts, souvenirs, and plaques; coins; or items on the unit’s table of organization and equipment or modification table of organization and equipment.
- Ammunition or explosives, weapons, alcohol, tobacco products, or excess baggage.
- Construction materials used to build a fixed (“permanent”) site; carpeting.
- Class I (food, water, or ice); Class VIII (prescription medical supplies); Class III (bulk) for military vehicles or aircraft.
- Travel items (tickets, meals, lodging, rental vehicles, fuel for rental vehicles, tolls, etc.) that otherwise are reimbursable to the traveler.
- Split requirements or anything over the purchase dollar limit for each FOO that the contracting officer establishes.
- General office supplies, supply items not available through supply channels, film processing, training aid material, sanitation items.
- Small emergency repair for vehicles and fuel for leased/rented vehicles.
- Transportation (local bus or taxi fares).
- Short-term real estate property leasing for operational purposes.
- Power strips, extension cords, fans, printer cartridges, trash bags, and transformers.
When in doubt, call your contracting officer.
May 18, 2012